When visiting our home page, we consider it as very important to protect your personal data when collecting, processing and using it. Your data is protected according to the requirements of the legal provisions of GDPR in EU. Please find below some information indicating which data is recorded during your visit on our home page and how it is used.
Name and contact data of the data processing person as well as the company’s data protection officer
This data protection information is applicable for data processing orders carried out by:
Engimat Simulation Private Limited (hereinafter: EM)
38 Devarakere Extension, Bikasipura
560111 Bangalore India
and is also where EM’s data protection officer is available.
Collection and storage of personal data as well as kind and purpose of use
When visiting the website
When entering our website https://www.engineermaterials.com, the browser of your terminal device automatically sends information to our website’s server. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is automatically collected and stored until the automated deletion starts:
- IP address of the contacting computer,
- Date and time of the access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website allowing the access (referrer-URL),
- Used browser and maybe the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
We process the above mentioned data for the following purposes:
- to guarantee a smooth connection to our website,
- to guarantee a comfortable use of our website,
- to assess the system’s security and stability as well as
- for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is laid down in art. 6 seq. 1 S. 1 lit. f of the of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
When registering for our newsletter
After you have given your explicit consent pursuant to art. 6 sec. 1 S. 1 lit. a of the GDPR, we use your email address to send you our newsletter regularly. The indication of your email address is sufficient to receive our newsletter. The cancellation is possible at any time, e.g. through a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can send your cancellation by email to email@example.com at any time.
When using our contact form
You can pose questions of any kind through our contact form, which is available on our website. This requires the indication of your email address, enabling us to know the sender of the email and to answer it. Further indications can be made voluntarily.
The data processing for contacting purposes is made pursuant to art. 6 seq. 1 S. 1 lit. a of the GDPR based on your voluntarily given consent. The collected personal data indicated on the contact form will be deleted automatically after your question has been answered.
When downloading software from EM
If you make a purchase (free or paid) for the subscription of EM’s software, you will be required to provide account and billing information, invoice related information, and other data required to process and fulfil the purchase. We may also update such data should you grant us permission to bill you or your credit card for recurring charges, such as monthly (or other periodic) payments.
When creating a community profile
Creating an account with EM will enable you to build a public community profile in connection with your account. Your public profile will include your user name and your geographic location but you may choose to provide other personal information, such as a profile picture, and other information that we may offer you to present.
Transfer of data
A transfer of personal data to third parties is not made for other purposes than indicated as follows. We only pass on your data to third parties when:
- you have given your explicit consent, pursuant to art. 6 seq. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR
- the disclosure, pursuant to art. 6 seq. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR, is required for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims and no reason is evident to have a predominantly legitimate interest of not disclosing your data.
- in case that, pursuant to art. 6 seq. 1 S. 1 lit. c GDPR, the transfer is required by a legal obligation as well as
- it is admissible by law and, pursuant to art. 6 seq. 1 S. 1 lit. b GDPR, required to process the contractual relationship with you.
Rights of data subjects
You have the right to:
- enquire information about the processed personal data, pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR. You can especially enquire information about processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of receivers of your personal data the planned storage time, insisting on the right of correction, deletion, restriction of processing or contradiction, the right to complain, origin of your data as far as it was not collected by us as well as the existence of an automated decision making including profiling and, if required, meaningful information on details;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to enquire an immediate correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored with us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to enquire the deletion of the stored personal data as far as the data processing is not required for exercising the right of free expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to insist on a restricted processing of the personal data as far as the correctness of the data is denied by you or the processing is unlawful. This also applies in case you refuse to have the data deleted and we are not in further need of them, but you need them for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or in case you have filed an objection against the processing, pursuant to art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your submitted data in a well-structured, common and machine-readable format or the request to have the data submitted to another responsible person („data portability“);
- pursuant to Art. 7 seq. 3 GDPR, to revoke your initial consent with us. As a consequence we are not allowed to execute the data processing based on this consent in the future and
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, to complain with the supervisory authority. As a rule, you can address to the supervisory authority of your usual abode or workplace or our association location.
Right of objection
As far as your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 seq. 1 S. 1 lit. f GDPR you have the right to file an objection against processing your personal data as far as there are reasons arising from your special situation or the objection is directed against direct advertisements. In the latter case you have a common right to appeal which does not require a special situation. If you want to make use of your right of cancellation or right of objection an email to firstname.lastname@example.org is sufficient.
When visiting our website we use the wide-spread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption grade, depending on what your browser supports. As a rule, it is a 256 Bit encryption. In case your browser does not support a 256-Bit encryption we use the 128-Bit v3 technology instead. When you see a closed symbol showing a key resp. a lock on the lower status bar of your browser you can see if a single page of our website is transferred with encryption. We use adequate technical and organizational safety measures in order to protect your data from incidental or intentional manipulations, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access of third parties. Our precaution measures are continuously improved in accordance with the technological development.
This privacy statement is currently valid with status of Dec 2019. The development of our website could entail an adjustment of this privacy statement due to related offers or due to modified legal resp. official stipulations. You can retrieve and print the current privacy statement on our website at https://www.engineermaterials.com/privacy-policy at any time.
The data processed by cookies are for the purposes mentioned in order to safeguard our legitimate interests as well as third parties according to Art. 6 seq. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO required.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or always a hint appears before a new cookie is created. However, disabling cookies completely may mean that you can not use all features of our website.
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are executed on the basis of Art. 6 seq. 1 sentence 1 lit. f of the GDPR. We want to use the tracking measures to ensure that our website is designed in accordance with needs and is optimised on an ongoing basis. Secondly, we use tracking measures to statistically record usage of our website and evaluate this for the purpose of optimising the services we offer. These interests are to be considered legitimate in the meaning of the aforestated stipulations. The respective purposes of data processing and data categories can be found in the respective tracking tools.
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; referred to in the following as “Google”), to design our website in line with needs and to optimise our sites on an ongoing basis. In this connection, pseudonymised usage profiles are produced and cookies (see section 4) are used. Information on your use of this website generated by the cookie such as
- the browser type/version,
- the operating system used,
- the referrer URL (the previous site visited),
- the hostname of the accessing computer (IP address),
- the time of day when the server enquiry is made
is transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, compile reports on website activities and provide further services associated with the use of the website and Internet for the purposes of market research and demand-oriented design of these Internet sites. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process are commissioned to do process this data. Under no circumstances will your IP address be combined with other data of Google. IP addresses are anonymised so that it is not possible to associate them with certain parties (IP masking). You can prevent installation of cookies by selecting appropriate settings on your browser software. We note, however, that this may prevent you from being able to fully use the functions of this website. You can furthermore prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as its processing of this data by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de). As an alternative to the browser add-on, in particular with browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie will then be placed to prevent your data from being collected when you visit this website in the future. The opt-out cookie only functions in this browser and only for your website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you have to place the opt-out cookie here.
Google Tag Manager
For the purpose of supporting other web analysis tools we use the Google Tag Manager, a tag management system of Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter „Google”). In this context different scripts of these web analysis tools are adjusted for web analyses and remarketing purposes. This enables a quick realization of changes of the website without involving the IT or changing the source code.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website such as
- browser type/version,
- used operating system,
- referrer URL (the previously visited website),
- hostname of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of the server request
are transmitted to a server of Google in the USA and stored. The information is used to assess the use of the website, to issue reports about the website activities and to render further services linked with the website use and the internet use for the purpose of market research and the needs-based design of these websites. If necessary and/or if prescribed by law resp. if third parties process these data on a contractual data processing basis, this information is transmitted to third parties. In no case your IP address will be brought together with other data of Google. The IP addresses will be anonymized avoiding an assignment (IP masking).
Please find further information about privacy protection in connection with Google Tag Manager at: https://privacy.google.com/businesses/processorterms/